Prednisone is a corticosteroid that is used as an anti-inflammatory or immunosuppressant medication. It prevents the release of substances that cause inflammation in the body.
Apart from this, it treats various different conditions, such as, ulcerative colitis, arthritis, lupus, psoriasis, skin conditions, or breathing disorders.
You can buy cheap Prednisone 40mg tablets online from our website as it offers the best rates possible.
The health and medical information provided here is for general purposes only and is not a substitute for the expertise and judgment of your physician, or other health care professional. It should not be understood to indicate that the use of this medicine is safe, appropriate or effective for you. Always consult your health care professional before using this, or any other, drug.
Generic Prednisone 40mg treats conditions such as; lupus, arthritis, skin conditions, allergic disorders, psoriasis, ulcerative colitis and breathing disorders.
People who have a fungal infection anywhere on their body are not advised to take this medicine.
Such kind of medications can weaken your immune system making it easier for infections to catch you. So, it is highly advised to stay away and out of reach of people who are sick or have an infection. Do not receive a ‘LIVE’ vaccine during the consumption period of prednisone.
Immediately consult your doctor, if you suffer shortness of breath, severe pain in your upper stomach, bloody or tarry stools, change in personality or behavior, eye pain or problem in vision.
Do not stop taking prednisone suddenly.
Seek immediate medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction to prednisone: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you get the following symptoms:
• blurred vision, eye pain, or seeing halos around lights;
• swelling, rapid weight gain, feeling short of breath;
• severe depression, feelings of extreme happiness or sadness, changes in personality or behavior, seizure (convulsions);
• bloody or tarry stools, coughing up blood;
• pancreatitis (severe pain in your upper stomach spreading to your back, nausea and vomiting, fast heart rate);
• low potassium (confusion, uneven heart rate, extreme thirst, increased urination, leg discomfort, muscle weakness or limp feeling); or
• dangerously high blood pressure (severe headache, blurred vision, buzzing in your ears, anxiety, confusion, chest pain, shortness of breath, uneven heartbeats, seizure).
Other common prednisone side effects may include:
• sleep problems (insomnia), mood changes;
• increased appetite, gradual weight gain;
• acne, increased sweating, dry skin, thinning skin, bruising or discoloration;
• slow wound healing;
• headache, dizziness, spinning sensation;
• nausea, stomach pain, bloating; or
• changes in the shape or location of body fat (especially in your arms, legs, face, neck, breasts, and waist).
Take prednisone as advised by your doctor. It is also recommended to follow all directions on your prescription label. Your doctor can change your dose depending on your health results. It is not advised to take this medicine in smaller or larger amounts or for a prolonged period of time.
Prednisone is taken with food.
If you feel unusual stress such as serious illness, fever or infection or if you have to undergo a surgery or a medical emergency, your dosage might need to be changed. Do not change your dose or schedule without consulting your doctor.
Always measure your medicine with a measuring spoon or medicine cup.
Swallow the whole tablet. Do not chew, crush or break a delayed-release tablet.
While taking prednisone, frequent blood tests and regular check on your blood pressure is needed.
This medicine can cause unusual results in medical tests.
Do not stop taking prednisone suddenly.
Wear a medical alert tag or carry an ID card stating that you take prednisone. Any medical care provider who checks you should know you’re taking steroids.