Benicar HCT 20-12.5 mg tablet is used in treating hypertension. It lowers high blood pressure and helps prevent kidney problems, strokes, and heart attacks.
It contains two products- Olmesartan and hydrochlorothiazide. Olmesartan is an angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB) that relaxes blood vessels for easy blood flow. Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic/water pill that causes you to urinate more, and helps the body get rid of extra salt and water.
The information provided over here is for general purposes only. We would request you to consult a doctor first before taking any of the medication, to ensure its safety and effectiveness on you. We in no way can match up to the expertise and judgement of your healthcare provider. So, always contact your doctor before taking any drug.
• Do not take the medication if you are unable to urinate.
• Tell your medical practitioner about your medical history and the medications you have been taking.
• If you are a diabetic, do not take the medicine with any other medication that contains aliskiren.
• Do not take the medication if you are a breastfeeding mother or pregnant.
• Avoid alcohol consumption while on the medication.
Below-mentioned are Benicar HCT 20 12.5 mg generic side effects: -
• Cold symptoms
• High levels of uric acid
• A light-headed feeling
• Eye pain
• Vision problem
• Kidney problems
• Low sodium level in the body
• Skin rashes
• High/low potassium level
• Follow the instructions as stated by your doctor or as mentioned on the label.
• Take the medicine by mouth.
• Take the tablet with or without food.
• Swallow the pill whole.
• Strictly follow the dosage instructions.
• Store it at room temperature.