Zaroxolyn is a medicine that is used to treat fluid retention in people suffering from kidney disorder such as nephrotic syndrome or congestive heart failure. Also, metolazone is used to treat high blood pressure or hypertension.
This medication is a thiazide diuretic (water pill) that helps prevent our body from absorbing too much salt, which can cause fluid retention.
You can buy zaroxolyn 5mg tablets online from Reliable Canadian Pharmacy at discounted prices.
The health and medical information provided here is for general purposes only and is not a substitute for the expertise and judgment of your physician, or other health care professional. It should not be understood to indicate that the use of this medicine is safe, appropriate or effective for you. Always consult your health care professional before using this, or any other, drug.
Do not use generic zaroxolyn 5mg tablets if you are unable to urinate or if you have severe liver disease.
Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have:
• chest pain;
• pounding heartbeats or fluttering in your chest;
• easy bruising or bleeding;
• a light-headed feeling, like you might pass out;
• liver problems--nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, tiredness, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-coloured stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
• low potassium--leg cramps, constipation, irregular heartbeats, fluttering in your chest, increased thirst or urination, numbness or tingling, muscle weakness or limp feeling;
• low levels of sodium in the body--headache, confusion, slurred speech, severe weakness, vomiting, loss of coordination, feeling unsteady;
• other signs of an electrolyte imbalance--dry mouth, nausea, vomiting, weakness, drowsiness, lack of energy, muscle pain, little or no urination, or feeling restless; or
• severe skin reaction--fever, sore throat, swelling in your face or tongue, burning in your eyes, skin pain followed by a red or purple skin rash that spreads (especially in the face or upper body) and causes blistering and peeling.
Common side effects may include:
• dizziness, spinning sensation;
• drowsiness, tiredness;
• depressed mood;
• muscle or joint pain;
• numbness or tingly feeling;
• nausea, stomach pain, loss of appetite; or
• diarrhea, constipation.
Follow and use zaroxolyn as prescribed and directed by your doctor. Your doctor can change the dose so as to get best results. Do not use in smaller or larger amounts and for a prolonged period of time.
This medicine is only taken once per day.
Limited salt consumption would be advised to you by your doctor while on this medication.
Frequent blood test may be required while on zaroxolyn. Your blood and urine must be tested if you have been puking or are dehydrated.
Metolazone can cause unusual results with certain medical tests. If you are about to undergo a surgery, tell your surgeon beforehand as you may have to stop taking this medicine for a short period of time.
If you are being treated for high blood pressure, keep using this medication even if you feel better.
Store this medication at room temperature away from heat, light and moisture.